Re: [OT] RE: [XP] What tools do you use?

  • Stefan Schmiedl
    Message 1 of 80 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi Bryan,

      you might want to read a little bit of comp.lang.lisp
      where you can watch a *real* master do his job.

      s.

      Bryan Dollery (2002-10-01 20:54):

    • klaus@objective.com.br
      Message 80 of 80 , Nov 25, 2002
        > From: William Pietri <william@...>
        > Interesting. Given that Preyaler is thousands of times faster than DBs,
        > this suggests that swapping slows down VMs by more than a factor of
        > 10,000, yes?

        Yes.

        > And just to check, did you do your tests with something
        > that simulates typical usage patterns?

        No. I used the scalability test distributed with Prevayler: continuously
        querying one million objects by attribute equality and returning one
        hundred different objects every time.

        See you, Klaus.