Re: Spontaneous Inspiration

  • banshee858
    Message 1 of 203 , Oct 1, 2002
      I'll share a story of how "playtime" can get morphed into an evil
      thing. We had playtime once, but the CEO was mandating REQUIRED
      presentations about what you learned to your peers and indicate each
      week what you were doing on the whiteboard. In fact, if people did
      not write what they were doing on the whiteboard, we were berated and
      threatened to have palytime taken away (more than once).

      It was aweful; everyone just kept doing their work. The only people
      who ever gave presentations were the people working on new products
      while the maintenance people just sat and polited watched (you see
      these once-ever-two-week-high-level-presentations were teaching us
      the new architecture we were going to us). The lead of the new
      product team once asked me why no one asked any questions of
      substance and I was polite to say I don't know, but what I really
      wanted to say was "No one understands what you are doing since we do
      not work with it everyday and many people deeply resents your team
      gets to work with the new technologies we all want to us while you
      put us all out of a job."
    • Laurent Bossavit
      Message 203 of 203 , Oct 7, 2002
        Alex:

        Perhaps the following paper from the people at Connextra might help
        answer your concern and query :

        "Innovation and Sustainability with Gold Cards"
        http://www.agileuniverse.com/2001/pdfs/Method04.pdf

        Cheers,

        -[Morendil]-
        Daddy? What's this little red button for?