Index card gizmos

  • Bill Rutiser
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 6:05 PM
      Suppose you have a bunch of 3 x 5 (inch) cards that you want to
      organize on a wall or similar vertical surface....

      Get a large piece of strong paper like material. Make alternate
      valley and mountain folds across the paper. Make the mountain
      folds 1 inch below the valley folds; the valley folds 2 inches below
      the mountain folds. When you have finished folding, the paper
      should appear pleated. Bind the edges with tape.

      Fasten to the wall. Stick your cards in the pockets.

      A large Federal Express envelope is a good source of material for a
      small rack. If you want to do an entire wall, try Dupont Tyvek
      House wrap. Buy it at home depot. Its similar to the FedEx
      envelope material.

      I haven't made a large rack like this but I do have a couple of small
      ones. I also have a one pocket version taped to the top of my
      monitor to hold cards for immediate work in progress.

      Bill Rutiser
      wru@...