Re: Testing asserts in C++

  • Sean Houghton
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2000
      --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Ron Jeffries
      <ronjeffries@a...>
      wrote:
      > At 10:58 PM 5/31/2000 -0700, shought1@s... wrote:
      > >Remember i can't use JUnit
      >
      > I have two pieces of good news. First of all, there is cppUnit.
      (yay!)
      > Check http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm.

      Thanks a ton for the link to CppUnit! I have been going over this
      stuff today and it's making a lot more sense now.

      I'm still a little vague on how to test classes which are
      very-black-boxes, you can never see the data behind the interface so
      your test case class can't get at it. I could add some get*()
      methods, but keeping my classes as black as possible is important,
      get
      *() methods can turn them grey. I guess you could also make the test
      case a friend class, but that could get messy. I could also #define
      away the "private:".... ick.

      The real problem is that a lot of my code is for rendering graphical
      information. The data goes into the class throught the interfaces,
      but comes out via OpenGL/PS2/etc. libraries. I have been following
      another thread on testing gui code and hopefully that will clear
      things up a bit.