Re: [XP] Testing asserts in C++

  • Marco Dorantes
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2000
      get CppUnit testing framework for MS Visual C++ from:
      http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm

      or

      CppUnit port to Borland C++Builder 3.0 Pro from the "Files" section of this
      forum

      >From: shought1@...
      >
      >Could somebody point me at a good link/book on testing C++ code?

    • Sean Houghton
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2000
        --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Ron Jeffries
        <ronjeffries@a...>
        wrote:
        > At 10:58 PM 5/31/2000 -0700, shought1@s... wrote:
        > >Remember i can't use JUnit
        >
        > I have two pieces of good news. First of all, there is cppUnit.
        (yay!)
        > Check http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm.

        Thanks a ton for the link to CppUnit! I have been going over this
        stuff today and it's making a lot more sense now.

        I'm still a little vague on how to test classes which are
        very-black-boxes, you can never see the data behind the interface so
        your test case class can't get at it. I could add some get*()
        methods, but keeping my classes as black as possible is important,
        get
        *() methods can turn them grey. I guess you could also make the test
        case a friend class, but that could get messy. I could also #define
        away the "private:".... ick.

        The real problem is that a lot of my code is for rendering graphical
        information. The data goes into the class throught the interfaces,
        but comes out via OpenGL/PS2/etc. libraries. I have been following
        another thread on testing gui code and hopefully that will clear
        things up a bit.