Maximum, not average

  • Morris, Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      Ron Jeffries:
      > since they work
      > together, you get maximum architecture, not average.

      This is a great "punch to the gut" of XP, IMO.

      Since you work together, you get the maximum, not the average.

      When you work apart, you get the average, not the maximum.

      Chris
    • Ian Hobson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
        In article <2B92A3D0D399D311BA7E00A0C90F8FDD88B8DD@...
        .com>, Morris, Chris <chrism@...> writes
        >Ron Jeffries:
        >> since they work
        >> together, you get maximum architecture, not average.
        >
        >This is a great "punch to the gut" of XP, IMO.
        >
        >Since you work together, you get the maximum, not the average.
        >
        >When you work apart, you get the average, not the maximum.

        Hmmph.

        Thats not the way I've found it.

        When three people work on code separately, one will break it, one will
        be late and the third will have misunderstood something.

        When you work together you get the maximum - correct.

        When you work apart you get the minimum, but only on a good day. :)

        Regards

        Ian

        The Times Law Reports, April 7th 1999, when reporting "Express & Echo
        Publications v Tanton", Court of Appeal 1999, on page 279, "[W]here a
        person... was not required to provide those services personally it... [is]
        wholly inconsistent with the contract being a contract of service... [therefore]
        the only conclusion... was that the contract was one for services."