Re: [XP] help me out--i'm A newbie

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
      From: sharanya vemu

      > I'm pretty excited To be in this group.,amd learn this methdology,but i
      go thru the mails.,, i dont get much.,, can some one help me out with
      this.,??

      Here's a chart comparing XP to the way people who think they are experienced
      but really are newbies typically do things:

      __LightMethodology__ __CodeAndFix__
      Acceptance Tests Beta Testing
      Coding Standards Hungarian Notation
      Commitment Schedule But that was working yesterday
      Continuous Integration Integration Hell (or maybe just COM)
      Design By Contract We ain't using Eiffel here...
      Don't Repeat Yourself Copy-n-Paste Coding
      Frequent Releases We can't show them _that_!
      40 Hour Weeks Drugs
      Shared Code Ownership I can't fix this until Frank fixes that
      Onsite Customer Get out of my cube I'm working!
      Peer Review Get out of my cube I'm working!
      Planning Game Just e-mail us a requirements document.
      (We have a system for this...)
      Refactoring Don't touch that you might break it!
      System Metaphor The Analysis Document
      Unit Tests We don't have time for that
      You Won't Need It You Won't Need It (+ gold plating)

      Phlip