Re: [XP] XP in fixed-price bids.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2000
      At 11:18 PM 5/31/2000 +0100, Ian Hobson wrote:
      >I think things might work if you charged a fixed amount per "ideal day"-
      >and made each iteration fixed price.
      >
      >Has anyone got any experience of this way of working?

      As far as I know, no one has experience yet with this. Others may chime in
      and prove me ignorant, which in this case would be fine.

      In any case, the above is essentially what Kent recommends. A fixed price
      for a fixed short time (a few iterations), if you're satisfied, renew.

    • Simon Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2000
        > <alain.kreienbuhl@...> writes
        > >Hello,
        > >
        > >I'd like to have some feed back on fixed-price bid projects
        > that are using XP.
        > >How
        > >does the planning game in such settings? Especially the initial
        > planning needed
        > >for the
        > >offer.
        > >
        > I expect the gurus (I'm not one) will slam fixed price for the whole
        > thing probably because someone always gets screwed. BUT...
        >
        > I think things might work if you charged a fixed amount per "ideal day"-
        > and made each iteration fixed price.
        >
        > Has anyone got any experience of this way of working?
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Ian

        Check out Ken Auer's company, RoleModel Software:
        http://www.rolemodelsoft.com/DoingBusiness.htm

        Look at Deliverables-Based pricing; this looks to be fixed price per
        iteration.

        ---Simon

        mailto:Simon@...
        www.quintuslink.com