Re: [XP] XP pair programming question.

  • Adam Spitz
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2000
      Ramakrishna Menon wrote:

      >If both programmers are good, then my colleague argues that the quality
      >of code would not be too different between the pair programming and the
      >non-pairprogramming case.

      Even if we accepted that - and we probably shouldn't - my partner does more
      than just improve the quality of my code. He points out my bad ideas and
      suggests better ones. He keeps me focused, so that I don't go off on a
      tangent and forget what I was doing. He stops me before I write code that
      we already wrote last week. He reminds me to stick to the practices when I
      forget. And when we're done, he understands the code as well as I do, so
      I'm not a bottleneck.

      Adam Spitz