Roles vs People

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2002
      << From: "jhrothjr" <yahoogroups@...>
      How would you write it differently if you knew for a fact that part of your
      target audience was going to interpret "role" as "person," even if they were
      hit over the head until bloody by a clue-by-4?

      What I chose to do was to write the following:
      "
      MUST HAVE: sponsor, senior designer, designer/programmer, user (part-time)
      COMBINED ROLES: coordinator, business expert, requirements gatherer
      "

      Meaning (hopefully) that one must have those first four distinct people, but
      that the remaining ones are asigned in various fashions.

      This was my best next guess as to how to defend against that particular
      misinterpretation. We'll see how well it stands up.

      Alistair