Re: [XP] paths in a university - need help

  • Bill Tozier
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2002
      On or about 8/29/02, alshalloway wrote something like:

      > > Basically, I heard many years ago about a college that was
      >building
      >> a new campus. Instead of building all of the paths between the
      >> buildings, they just paved the obvious ones and just put grass in
      >> everywhere else. They then looked to see the paths the students
      >> used to get around. They then made these the permanent (i.e.,
      > > paved) paths.

      In my admittedly overcrowded and undercaffeinated head, the fact that
      these are referred to as "paths of desire" has bubbled to the
      surface, if that's any help. Among the landscape architecture, or
      perhaps the facilities planning, pros. And poets and lyricists,
      apparently (so says Google).
      --
      Bill Tozier
      bill@...