Re: [OT] Rudeness (was Re: Eighty-twenty (was Re: [XP] Some questions about installing XP))

  • Simon Brown
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 1, 2002
      On 16:58 01/07/2002 +0200, Laurent Bossavit said:
      > > > Too postmodern. Vagueness Objection.
      > >
      > > Live with it. Or not. And how does one say "bite me" in French?
      >
      >Who can say. English is such a wonderfully fuzzy language. I'll
      >assume, reasonably, that you're talking about love nibbles, and so
      >won't translate - around here we Just Do It, we don't waste time
      >talking. ;->
      >
      >Or if it was derogatory, we have too many phrases to pick from. I'd
      >use "Va crever la gueule ouverte" if someone was being snotty, but
      >I'd have to be very friendly with them. I'm not sure how people
      >react, generally speaking, when one tells them to "Bite me". I
      >suppose I'll have to try and report back, shall I ?

      The literal translation appears to be "Mordez-moi", but I gather from your
      response that this would mean very little. :)

      Simes.

      --
      Simon Brown <simes@...> - http://www.amdev.demon.co.uk/

      I hate wire-strippers. Fight with a gigantic mutant swiss roll over them,
      and the bailiffs come round and take all your stuff.
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 7, 2002
        Around Sunday, July 7, 2002, 1:10:12 PM, dhemeryy wrote:

        >> If it sells the product, it's probably not a 1. The points we're
        >> counting are value points after all.

        > I thought they were difficulty points. Not so?

        Not in this case. The article was "delivering value". Sorry for the
        confusion ...

        The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.
        -- John Maxwell