[OT] Rudeness (was Re: Eighty-twenty (was Re: [XP] Some questions about installing XP))

  • Laurent Bossavit
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 1, 2002
      > > Too postmodern. Vagueness Objection.
      >
      > Live with it. Or not. And how does one say "bite me" in French?

      Who can say. English is such a wonderfully fuzzy language. I'll
      assume, reasonably, that you're talking about love nibbles, and so
      won't translate - around here we Just Do It, we don't waste time
      talking. ;->

      Or if it was derogatory, we have too many phrases to pick from. I'd
      use "Va crever la gueule ouverte" if someone was being snotty, but
      I'd have to be very friendly with them. I'm not sure how people
      react, generally speaking, when one tells them to "Bite me". I
      suppose I'll have to try and report back, shall I ?
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 7, 2002
        Around Sunday, July 7, 2002, 1:10:12 PM, dhemeryy wrote:

        >> If it sells the product, it's probably not a 1. The points we're
        >> counting are value points after all.

        > I thought they were difficulty points. Not so?

        Not in this case. The article was "delivering value". Sorry for the
        confusion ...

        The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.
        -- John Maxwell