Re: [XP] Growing Customers

  • Dossy
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
      On 2002.07.01, Bryan Dollery <Bryan.Dollery@...> wrote:
      > 5. Do not, under any circumstances, invite any dripping
      > wet waifs in, out of the rain, during your grand
      > unveiling ceremony.
      >
      > <sing: I'm just a sweet Ron Jeffries, from trans...>

      No, no ... It's: I'm just a little Amish farmer, from Nantucket ...
      Pennsylvania ... ah-ha!

      -- Dossy

      --
      Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
    • Benjamin Schroeder
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
        On Sunday, June 30, 2002, at 11:22 PM, Bryan Dollery wrote:

        > Hi Ben,
        >
        > My advice on growing customers is this:
        >
        > 1. Try to use a peat based compost - it's worth
        > the extra cost in the long run.
        > (...)

        Thanks for your post. That's sort of what I was thinking -- but I
        wanted to make sure. ;)

        Laughing my smex off,
        Ben Schroeder
        schroeder@...
      • Benjamin Schroeder
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
          On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 06:01 AM, Dossy wrote:

          > At the end of the project (or iteration, even) does your team reflect
          > upon the recent past?
          >
          > Being subversive, I'd say in the reflection meeting, "Gee, you know
          > pain-point X this past (project, iteration)? I think we really
          > could have avoided or at least eased it by inviting person Y from
          > this other-department Z to speak with us ..."
          >
          > Of course, only say this if you really feel it's true. After a
          > while, when you suggest inviting someone from another department
          > in during the project, people may recall you repeatedly mentioning
          > bringing in someone from another department and perceive this
          > particular invitation you're suggesting now as a kind of foresight
          > to avoiding whatever potential pain your group is about to face ...

          Nice idea. We don't have a reflection meeting as such, but I could see
          talking about this kind of thing just before planning. In any case, I
          think the team would be happy to get people more deeply involved, so
          they should be open to such suggestions.

          Thanks,
          Ben Schroeder
          schroeder@...
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
            Around Monday, July 1, 2002, 8:15:13 AM, Benjamin Schroeder wrote:

            > On Sunday, June 30, 2002, at 11:22 PM, Bryan Dollery wrote:

            >> Hi Ben,
            >>
            >> My advice on growing customers is this:
            >>
            >> 1. Try to use a peat based compost - it's worth
            >> the extra cost in the long run.
            >> (...)

            > Thanks for your post. That's sort of what I was thinking -- but I
            > wanted to make sure. ;)

            Have I mentioned this:

            http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/flowersofevil.htm ?

            Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. -- Picasso
          • schroeder@surfree.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 1, 2002
              On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:51:28 -0400 Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

              > Have I mentioned this:
              >
              > http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/
              > flowersofevil.htm ?

              I had not seen that. Very nice.

              Thanks,
              Ben Schroeder
              schroeder@...
            • Dave Rooney
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2002
                Bryan,

                >> <sing: I'm just a sweet Ron Jeffries, from trans...>

                ACK!! Now _that_ is a mental image I did not need!! :)

                Dave Rooney
                Mayford Technologies
                http://www.mayford.ca