Some questions about installing XP

  • starflash79
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 27, 2002
      Hi Folks!

      I'm currently writing a presentation about eXtreme Programming and
      the pros and cons of using it in a project with approximately 10
      software developers. The customer requirements of this project
      changes very fast, so the conventional development processes, like
      waterfall, doesn't match any more.

      In the conclusion of the presentation, I will list some statements of
      people from the XP community.

      In the first book of Kent Beck about XP, he writes, that XP
      originated from common sense, and is not completely new, like some
      people think.

      What is your experience about this? Do most people think, that the XP
      Practices are completely new, and so therefore not enough approved?
      Or is it only the fear of the new and the nescience about XP?

      Further on, he writes, that the XP Practices only work proper, if all
      practices are used. Some other XP people think, that some practices
      are not a "must". For example "Pair-Programming", "Whole Team"
      or "Sustainable Pace" .

      What do you think?

      I thank you very much for your spend time!!!

      Hopefully

      Mike Wiesner
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 7 10:31 AM
        Around Sunday, July 7, 2002, 1:10:12 PM, dhemeryy wrote:

        >> If it sells the product, it's probably not a 1. The points we're
        >> counting are value points after all.

        > I thought they were difficulty points. Not so?

        Not in this case. The article was "delivering value". Sorry for the
        confusion ...

        The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.
        -- John Maxwell