Re: [XP] RUP as an opportunity - Was Moving Towards Confusion

  • Griffin Caprio
    Message 1 of 31 , May 31 12:20 PM
      Hi, Kay,

      >Hi, Griffin,
      >
      >--- In extremeprogramming@y..., "Griffin Caprio" <griffincaprio@h...>
      >wrote:
      > >
      > > Have no fear, Kay, there is at least one more VB/XP programmer on
      >this
      > > list........
      >
      >Cool!!
      >
      >(Actually, there's a couple, some of whom aren't doing VB now, but
      >who left a legacy of info on the Wiki...)
      > > I spent the last 2 years in VB/COM land. People usually write
      > > VB off, but I can tell you from experience that it's very powerful
      >and you
      > > can accomplish quite a lot, if written properly.
      >
      >I'm not finding out how to write it properly, here. I *am* finding a
      >lot of things that the CCTeamLead says are the way to go aren't.
      >
      >Did that sentence make sense?

      not really. <grin>

      > > I found it a nice project to implement XP practices in a VB
      >environment.
      >
      >I'm looking forward to my next assignment... Have a whole list of
      >things I want to do better...

      I found the way to go in regards to unit testing & VB is to use Mock
      Objects. Becasue VB tests tend to be more intergration and functional,
      rather than unit. Soon, I will get around to posting my VB MockObjects
      somewhere.

      Griffin

    • Robert Watkins
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 4, 2002
        On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 01:34, Booch, Grady wrote:
        > [egb> ] The RUP's best practices regarding configuration management are
        > codified in a thing we called UCM (unified configuration management) and are
        > described in Brian White's book, found on Amazon at
        > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201604787/qid=1022859184/sr=2-2/ref=
        > sr_2_2/103-1882647-3967065

        White's book is excellent on general principles, and very good (though
        somewhat dated now) on ClearCase. The first half is fairly agnostic as
        to the technology (though ClearCase is used for the examples), and would
        apply to any SSC-derived configuration management system (which is
        pretty much all of them).

        I got my copy free with my ClearCase admin certification training, but I
        wouldn't recommended that as the way to get the book. :)

        Robert.

        --
        "Software is too expensive to build cheaply"
        Robert Watkins email: robertdw@...