Just wanted to tell something from the front ;)

  • Enrique Comba Riepenhausen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2002
      Some of you will still remember my postings of "Introducing XP to an non
      XP culture".

      Well things are changing, and they are changing fast.

      Right now there is a XP rumor in the company. Everybody starts asking me
      what this strange characters mean.
      Yesterday I made a workshop (1hour) explaining the importance of
      test-first-design and I also introduced the
      junit framework and how this should be used (we are heavily onto Java,
      specially J2EE). Our team manager was also present and he understood the
      importance of what I was saying and also asked me a lot of questions how
      he could work with this in a confortable way. He was ver open and he
      argued me to make all the people begin to develop in the
      test-first-design way as soon as possible (he said something about a
      deadline...).

      On the other side a project manager from here talked to me and said that
      she had a lot of problems with a project they are just finishing and
      that she needed help. She told me that her developers weren't able to
      tell her how long they would take for making this or that....

      We made a little planning game session to see which stories have to be
      implemented by her team and I told them to forget about the time frame
      they had and that they should estimate their tasks according to their
      experiences. Well the resulting estimations told the PM that they where
      on time and they will finish the project on time (hopefully). They are
      doing stand up meetings every morning and as she told me they are
      working better and more efficiently.

      Now she is preparing the next project with the customer and we (I am the
      projects mentor or something like that) are doing it in the XPish way.
      Today we have out first planning game session to know which business
      value we have to implement for the project to be successfull. The
      customer loved the idea of making projects in this way....

      As you can see times are changing and I love this changes. :)

      more to come....
      Enrique Comba Riepenhausen

      R&D Department
      E-mail: enrique.comba@...
      Phone: +34 91 277 03 02
      Mobile: +34 600 97 55 05

      mCentric

      mobilising imagination

      c/ Gobelas, 19 (La Florida)

      28023 Madrid. SPAIN.

      Fax: +34 912 770 404

      Experience blackwidow technology at: www.m-centric.com
      <http://www.m-centric.com/>

      This message may contain confidential information or privileged
      material, and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are
      not in the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or
      copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
      have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
      system

      E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
      information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
      late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
      message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification
      is required please request a hard-copy version.