Re: [XP] Architecture

  • dhemeryy
    Message 1 of 221 , May 1, 2002
      Hi Ron,

      > > By "architectural decision," I mean
      > > any design decision that significantly affects the system's
      > > quality attributes.

      > I think that every design decision now fits your definition of
      > architectural decision. If that's what you had in mind, I think
      > you've got it.

      The word "significantly" is key. Though all design decisions affect
      quality attributes, the effects can have differing significance.
      Design decisions that have very large effects are definitely
      architectural decisions. The ones that have very small effects are
      definitely not architectural. The ones in between are more or less
      architectural, depending on their significance.

      Dale
    • li jian@InfoQ
      Message 221 of 221 , Nov 20 4:24 AM
        Hi,