Re: [XP] Architecture

  • dhemeryy
    Message 1 of 221 , Apr 30, 2002
      Hi Ellen,

      > Do you all think architecture exists in a software app even if there
      > is no architect?

      An app has an architecture even if there is nobody called an
      architect, and even if there is no architecture description.

      > By my admittedly fuzzily-defined definition, there is an
      > architecture whether or not there is an architect, whether or not
      > anyone made any "architectural" decisions

      If a system has quality requirements, some decisions are architectural
      decisions. This is true regardless of the titles or job descriptions
      of the people who made the decisions. It's true whether or not those
      people knew, at the time, that their decisions were architecturally
      significant.

      Dale
    • li jian@InfoQ
      Message 221 of 221 , Nov 20, 2007