Developer workstations

  • jim.weaver@jmentor.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2000
      I am putting a budget together for a new project, and plan on
      implementing extreme programming concepts, including pair
      programming.
      My question is regarding programmer workstations: With a team of
      eight developers, how many PCs will they need? One school of thought
      says 4 development machines, but what about when they need to perform
      individual-oriented activites like access the internet and check/send
      email? The Extreme Programming book mentions cubbies for programmers
      to make phone calls, etc. Would there be one PC in each cubby, plus
      the development machines? Does each programmer have a cubby? Could
      possibly need 12 machines for 8 developers?

      Thanks,
      Jim Weaver
      jim.weaver@...
      http://www.jmentor.com