Re: XP and Product Development

  • David Carlson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2000
      Hi Raja,

      I guess I don't understand how you could be developing a killer app
      without knowing who the customer will be. It seems that your fist
      step would be to find people who are in your vision's target
      audience. These people are your customer. You say that your idea
      involves household expenses and income, so it should be easy to find
      players to fill the role of customers. Ask friends, family or anyone
      that you think would benifit from your project to be your customer.

      I worked for a company that spent all of its time developing
      a "killer app" without having a customer. When we finished we had
      what we believed was a killer app...but no one wanted or needed it.
      It was a great engineering feat, much like the Spruce Goose, but
      without first finding who our target customers were we failed to
      create anything useful.

      One last thought, could your investor be your customer at least in
      the early stages?

      --Dave
      --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, "Krishnamoorthy, Raja"