Re: [XP] comp.software.extreme-programming passes 155:13

  • Eric Rizzo
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2000
      Phil Goodwin wrote:

      > I won't use the newsgroup as long as the list remains interesting (I'm
      > one of the 13 who voted against it). I think that it would be great if
      > the list server and the newsgroup server were linked so that every
      > message was transparently cross-posted.

      Yes, I agree. That would be ideal.

      > In the meantime. Does anyone know a better way than DejaNews to read
      > newsgroups from behind a firewall?

      Deja provides a service (part of MyDeja) that will let you set up an automatic
      forward of USENET messages from any group to be mailed to your email address. I
      used it for a while about 6-8 months ago, although it was very buggy at the
      time. You could set it up to forward each message to you individually or as a
      daily digest. It's possible this could be set up to forward the XP newsgroup
      messages to the list automatically, but that would require a group "consensus"
      to be fair and reasonable, since some on this list might not want the extra
      traffic.

      Any thoughts?

      --
      Eric Nicholas Rizzo