Re: xp for non object programming

  • gmitchu
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 2, 2002
      --- In extremeprogramming@y..., "Jim.Hyslop" <jim.hyslop@l...> wrote:
      > "safae2000" <safae2000@y...> wrote:
      > > i'd like to use the xp method for a php project without using
      > > classes. is it possible? any help plz
      >
      > Don't be put off by Ron's Socratic method (answering a question with
      > question). XP is not tied to any language, it is a collection of
      "best
      > practises" which can be applied to many different languages. You
      don't have
      > to be using an OO language to benefit from XP's practises.
      >
      > --
      > Jim
      So XP should be suitable for a large, multi TB data warehouse using
      Oracle PL/SQL and Pro C to extract data from many operational systems
      nightly and storing the data in Oracle DB and SAS Datamarts.
      The DW requires frequent, rapid development of enhancements to
      introduce new data into the DW. User presentation layer is provided
      only by standard tools such as SAS and PL/SQL. So no user dialogues
      are written. And no OO is used.
      Our CIO is interested in us using XP, and I've been reading the
      literature. We'll have some formal training in a couple of weeks.
      Are there any known cases using XP for non-OO projects? Any
      documented?
      thanks,
      don