test email filter don't read

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2002
      test

      FEAR = Fantasy Experienced As Reality
    • Brian C. Robinson
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2002
        Peter Hansen made a strange utterance something like this:
        >I don't remember any of the BASICs that I used, whether Apple II,
        >PET, C-64, MS, or other having modules at all. Are you sure the Apple II
        >had modules? Since it wasn't compiled, I assume there was some way
        >to load other modules into memory while the program was running.
        >What commands got you there and back? (Sheesh, my memory must be
        >getting really bad if I don't remember even that.)

        There wasn't specific support like namespaces or packages. But when I
        designed my programs I mentally grouped different functions into modules.

        --
        "The best programmers that I have ever met have an amazing ability to make
        nasty sh*t disappear. *Poof*" Gareth Reeves -- reevesg@...
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2002
          > > > o A dead serious declaration that methods of 200 lines and
          > > longer are
          > > > easier to understand and more bug free than shorter ones.
          > >
          > > Hah! Must have been April Fools when he wrote that. Ludicrous.
          > > I'm not even sure there's a valid historical context for that
          > > statement.
          >
          > Well, let me just say that some people STILL do write methods
          > like that. And
          > to make things even nicer, they get buried in a 10,000+ line file....

          Ditto. I see it at my current job all the time, especially from the
          "stars".

          Be afraid. Code complete's suggestions are still frighteningly necessary
          for many development shops.

          Joe Gee