Re: [XP] cons of XP

  • Dossy
    Message 1 of 98 , Mar 1, 2002
      On 2002.03.01, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      > Around Thursday, February 28, 2002, 10:24:34 PM, Dossy wrote:
      >
      > >> I'm giving the best advice I have. You get to decide whether it's true
      > >> for you.
      >
      > > Couple that with "free advice is worth just that" and it becomes
      > > _really_ interesting ...
      >
      > I assume that since information wants to be free, I'm doing the right
      > thing here, launching these ideas into the world ...

      Ah, we all know you're just stirring the pot, Jeffries. Poisoning
      the minds of IT people everywhere with your blasphemous Extreme
      Programming heretical nonsense.

      The First Church of Waterfall's archdiocese will have to excommunicate
      you for your treacherous acts against the One True Faith.

      -- Dossy

      :-)

      --
      Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
    • Dossy
      Message 98 of 98 , Mar 2, 2002

        Dale said:
        > Here's my interpretation: XP has only essential practices. Other
        > methodologies include helpful-but-nonessential practices that you
        > might be able to remove safely. But if you remove a practice from XP,
        > you're removing something that is (very likely to be) essential to
        > your success.
        >
        > Am I getting the cause-and-effect right?

        Yes. I feel the way you rephrased what I said is a good way
        of distilling what I was trying to say from what I actually said.

        I'd even go so far as to say that XP's "essential practices" aren't
        even always essential for every single possible project. However,
        you can never be certain which practices aren't possible at the
        start of the project, so you're best bet is to do them all at the
        start. Then, decide how to adapt as experience guides you.

        -- Dossy

        --
        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...