Re: On wanting success (was Re: [XP] cons of XP -- on "success")

    Message 1 of 98 , Mar 1, 2002
      Around Thursday, February 28, 2002, 10:21:35 PM, Dossy wrote:

      > _Who Moved My Cheese_

      > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0399144463/panoptic0f

      > Don't you remember that long ugly thread I started months ago
      > about this book? :-)

      Yes, but I failed to memorize the book. Apologies.

      Sigs are like I Ching or Tarot. They don't mean anything,
      but sometimes if you think about them you'll get a useful idea.
    • Dossy
      Message 98 of 98 , Mar 2, 2002

        Dale said:
        > Here's my interpretation: XP has only essential practices. Other
        > methodologies include helpful-but-nonessential practices that you
        > might be able to remove safely. But if you remove a practice from XP,
        > you're removing something that is (very likely to be) essential to
        > your success.
        >
        > Am I getting the cause-and-effect right?

        Yes. I feel the way you rephrased what I said is a good way
        of distilling what I was trying to say from what I actually said.

        I'd even go so far as to say that XP's "essential practices" aren't
        even always essential for every single possible project. However,
        you can never be certain which practices aren't possible at the
        start of the project, so you're best bet is to do them all at the
        start. Then, decide how to adapt as experience guides you.

        -- Dossy

        --
        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...