Re: [XP] Please don't feed the trolls

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2002
      > > However, there are even sicker pups out there who devote all
      > > their waking
      > > hours to pestering some topic-oriented newsgroup that their
      > > topic has no
      > > merit and that only the sick pup is smart enough to see this.

      Remember I don't mean this forum - subscribing to a list server takes a
      little more dedication than a troll wants to have.

      Sadly, I need to >repeat< my request that the trolls not be fed.

      Please please please make light not heat, guys!

      --
      Phlip
      http://flea.sourceforge.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2002
        Hi Phlip,

        > Sadly, I need to >repeat< my request that the trolls not be fed.

        I don't understand why you are making this request. I can see that it
        is important to you, so I want to understand. Are there trolls here?
        Are we feeding them? Can you give examples?

        Dale
      • Phlip
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2002
          dhemeryy sez:
          > Hi Phlip,
          >
          > > Sadly, I need to >repeat< my request that the trolls not be fed.
          >
          > I don't understand why you are making this request. I can see that it
          > is important to you, so I want to understand. Are there trolls here?
          > Are we feeding them? Can you give examples?

          Sorry. Kay Pentecost, on news:comp.software.extreme-programming, seems to
          have done it for me. Props for her latest post there.

          Tho' I have such trouble simulating the mind of a T. that I don't know if
          what Kay offered will go down as food or poison. Or if the T's will leave (or
          actually start learning).

          One can always hope...

          --
          Phlip
          http://www.greencheese.org/LucidScheming
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 1, 2002
            > Sorry. Kay Pentecost, on news:comp.software.extreme-programming, seems
            > to have done it for me. Props for her latest post there.

            I don't usually bother to read the newsgroup. I can't for the life of
            me figure out why you guys bother; I actually felt admirative that
            you could have time for useful work and *still* read the mailing list
            on a regular basis, and upon discovering that y'all are in fact
            *actively responding* on c.s.xp, I wondered whether someone had
            finally found *some* way of packing more than 24 hours in a single
            day.

            But it obviously does have its good moments. Thanks for pointing one
            out.

            -[Morendil]-
            Tomorrow will be canceled due to lack of interest.