Re: [XP] CPPUnit and Embedded Visual C++

  • Robert Sartin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      > > Is anyone aware of a version of cppunit that has been made to work
      > > with Microsoft Embedded Visual C++. Two problems are in the way:
      >
      > I don't know that environment but... Would it be possible to compile
      > <production code + tests> on a regular VC++ and only use EVC++ to cut
      > production builds ?

      To a certain extent that would be possible. It'd run into a lot of
      trouble on the IrDA and Bluetooth code which is rather
      platform-specific. Plus it's a different CPU and with C++ that makes me
      a little nervous.

      As it turns out, I went ahead and hacked our version of CppUnit by
      replacing the use of try/catch and throw in TestCase with some evil
      setjmp/longjmp stuff and writing a replacement for the TestRunner and
      TextTestResult that works on EVC++ both emulated and real machines.
      It's rather ugly and based on a 13+ month old version of CppUnit (which
      we already had been using in our old C++ code), but it is working. No
      whiz-bang GUI, just drops a couple of files on the PocketPC and puts up
      a simple dialog. If I ever clean it up (notably doing it on a more
      recent CppUnit) I'll release it. It took me from dinner (sometime
      shortly after 6) until about 8:45 last night to do it. I did the
      setjmp/longjmp alone rather than with a pair; this was probably a
      mistake as nobody else on the team understand setjmp/longjmp and I've
      now missed my opportunity to force one of them to learn it.

      Switching to EVC++ now had a couple of advantages in forcing us to deal
      with some C++ portability issues with that rather quaint compiler.

      Regards,

      Rob

      http://auctions.yahoo.com