Re: [XP] TF Challenge: how did you implement "circular reference detection"

  • Brian C. Robinson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2002
      Alain Ravet made a strange utterance something like this:
      >DTSTTCPW was a real revelation to me, and - one of - the most profitable
      >XP practices. Being able to do THE SIMPLEST THING that works, and be
      >proud of it. Woah

      This made me think of something. Imagine you're working on some shrink
      wrapped software. When you start to implement a feature, think about what
      is going to be written on the box to attract customers. Will it be
      "Programmed with popular Computer Science (tm) algorithms?" Or will it be,
      "Packed with features that make your life easier?"

      Your job isn't to write fancy algorithms. It is to provide useful features
      for your customer.

      --
      "The best programmers that I have ever met have an amazing ability to make
      nasty sh*t disappear. *Poof*" Gareth Reeves -- reevesg@...