Re: [XP] Coopers latest book

  • C. Keith Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2002
      on 1/30/02 9:17 AM, banshee858 at carlton.nettleton@... wrote:

      > I have been reading Cooper's "The Inmates Are Running The Asylumn"
      > and found some ideas enlightening. It was handed to me from a
      > coworker he used to be interested in XP, but I suspect this
      > Interaction Design is catching his interest now. I quickly leafed
      > through most of Cooper's opinions on how the software industry is bad
      > and went for his solutions.
      [...]
      > The authors of XP have provided a clear description of what happens,
      > when to do it and how to do it. From reading Cooper's book, I still
      > do not how to do interaction design. Do I need to hire him, someone
      > else or can I go to school and learn about it?

      One COULD make the argument that the books are a means for promotion for the
      authors, and it might be more true for Cooper than for Beck...

      Classes in Interaction Design (Computer-Human-Interface [CHI] design) are
      available at several universities, but there are only about a dozen books on
      the subject that I know of. Jerry Weinberg used to have classes for "Systems
      Analysts" that covered anthropological observations skills...

      ----

      C. Keith Ray