Re: [XP] Singapore or Oz

  • Peter Gummer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2002
      Hi Dave,

      I live & work in Sydney, but I don't think there's an XP group here.

      There has been considerable interest in XP of late, however.

      I occasionally attend meetings of the Object Orientied Special Interest
      Group, the Australian Java User Group (www.ajug.org.au) and the Australian
      Delphi User Group (www.adug.org.au). All have had meetings devoted to XP in
      the last six months.

      The speaker at all of these meetings was Steve Hayes. Steve has worked on XP
      projects, mainly in the USA, and is now based in Melbourne. Apparently there
      is a Melbourne XP group, but be warned -- Melbourne is an hour's flight or
      about 8 hours by car from Sydney. Steve has a web page
      (http://www.khatovartech.com/resources/).

      Good luck!
      Peter Gummer.

      >From: "davechaplin" <davechaplin@...>
      >To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [XP] Singapore or Oz
      >Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:04:24 -0000
      >
      >Calling all Xp'ers.
      >
      >Does anyone know of an XP group in either Singapore or Sydney that I
      >can get in touch with?
      >
      >Thanks
      >
      >Dave Chaplin
      >www.byte-vision.com

      >ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

    • Bryan Dollery
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2002
        Hi Peter,
        > I live & work in Sydney, but I don't think there's an XP group here.
        >
        > There has been considerable interest in XP of late, however.

        I know that this wasn't the original context, but...

        Why don't you start one?

        Then I'll have somewhere to visit when I come over (which is infrequently at
        the moment, but I'm told that the market will pick up again :).

        Bryan

        b r y a n d o l l e r y | c e o
        c h a o s e n g i n e e r s
        +64 (0)21 330607
        http://www.ChaosEngineers.co.nz

        The difference between me and the other surrealists is that I'm a
        surrealist.
        - Dali

      • Martin Andrews
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2002
          Hi Dave & Peter,

          Yup - there is an XP group in Melbourne. Steve's one of our regular
          attendee's. Here's a link to the mailing list:

          AFAIK there isn't a group in Sydney.

          Cheers,

          Marty

          > Hi Dave,
          >
          > I live & work in Sydney, but I don't think there's an XP group here.
          >
          > There has been considerable interest in XP of late, however.
          >
          > I occasionally attend meetings of the Object Orientied
          > Special Interest
          > Group, the Australian Java User Group (www.ajug.org.au) and
          > the Australian
          > Delphi User Group (www.adug.org.au). All have had meetings
          > devoted to XP in
          > the last six months.
          >
          > The speaker at all of these meetings was Steve Hayes. Steve
          > has worked on XP
          > projects, mainly in the USA, and is now based in Melbourne.
          > Apparently there
          > is a Melbourne XP group, but be warned -- Melbourne is an
          > hour's flight or
          > about 8 hours by car from Sydney. Steve has a web page
          > (http://www.khatovartech.com/resources/).
          >
          > Good luck!
          > Peter Gummer.
          >
          > >From: "davechaplin" <davechaplin@...>
          > >To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [XP] Singapore or Oz
          > >Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:04:24 -0000
          > >
          > >Calling all Xp'ers.
          > >
          > >Does anyone know of an XP group in either Singapore or Sydney that I
          > >can get in touch with?
          > >
          > >Thanks
          > >
          > >Dave Chaplin
          > >www.byte-vision.com

          > >ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
          > >
          > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

        • davechaplin
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
            Thanks for the replies and help.

            Seeing as there is not yet an XP group in Sydney I will start one
            when I arrive at the end of Feb.

            If anyone is interested in getting involved then please email me.

            Thanks

            Dave Chaplin
            www.byte-vision.com

            --- In extremeprogramming@y..., "Peter Gummer" <peter_gummer@h...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Dave,
            >
            > I live & work in Sydney, but I don't think there's an XP group here.
            >
            > There has been considerable interest in XP of late, however.
            >
            > I occasionally attend meetings of the Object Orientied Special
            Interest
            > Group, the Australian Java User Group (www.ajug.org.au) and the
            Australian
            > Delphi User Group (www.adug.org.au). All have had meetings devoted
            to XP in
            > the last six months.
            >
            > The speaker at all of these meetings was Steve Hayes. Steve has
            worked on XP
            > projects, mainly in the USA, and is now based in Melbourne.
            Apparently there
            > is a Melbourne XP group, but be warned -- Melbourne is an hour's
            flight or
            > about 8 hours by car from Sydney. Steve has a web page
            > (http://www.khatovartech.com/resources/).
            >
            > Good luck!
            > Peter Gummer.
            >
            > >From: "davechaplin" <davechaplin@y...>
            > >To: extremeprogramming@y...
            > >Subject: [XP] Singapore or Oz
            > >Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:04:24 -0000
            > >
            > >Calling all Xp'ers.
            > >
            > >Does anyone know of an XP group in either Singapore or Sydney that
            > >can get in touch with?
            > >
            > >Thanks
            > >
            > >Dave Chaplin
            > >www.byte-vision.com

            > >ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
            > >
            > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
          • davechaplin
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
              Peter,

              I will start an XP group when I get to Syndey late Feb / early March.

              Please let me know if you are interested / fancy meeting up for a
              beer to discuss.

              Cheers

              Dave Chaplin