RE: Sustainable Pace and Decompression Debt (Re: [XP] Re: Weaknes ses of XP)

  • wecaputo@thoughtworks.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2001
      >> Is Kent so powerful that his simple naming of an idea compels
      >> us to either follow it to the letter, or force a global change in
      >> terminology?

      Andy Glew:
      >No, but Ron Jeffries' sarcasm *IS* that powerful. :-)

      That is very true. :-)

      It is also true that Kent's definition, Ron's sarcasm, my questions and the
      many observations made in this thread are all saying the same thing -- as
      is your observation that the second 40 hours in the week are more
      productive when the first 40 hours are taken up by meetings.

      The words (even Ron's sarcasm) aren't the idea, we are all just using them
      to convey the idea as best as we fallible language users can. You mentioned
      in the other thread that you like XP because you think it might be able to
      interleave that communication with the actual work being done. Is this the
      idea? Is it something else?

      What ideas do you suppose proponents of those long meetings envision when
      they hear 40 hour weeks, sustanable pace, or even 80 hour weeks. Is it the
      same thing you see? Is it what XP'rs are trying to convey?

      Best,
      Bill