Re: [XP] Presentation and vfox

  • Kenneth Tyler
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2001
      Rodrigo,

      ...> > Learning a new language from scratch would be easier than learning
      > to run a
      > > unit test rig for a fossil like FoxPro.
      ..
      I think the response you got was based on somebody's old knowledge of
      FoxPro. Visual FoxPro is really a whole different language and it should be
      possible to write tests in it. I don't think anybody has already written a
      unit testing framework for it. What I have done for languages that don't
      already have a testing framework is to download JUnit and read the
      instructions and code samples and then write my own framework.

      Testing the interface is always hard. The usual approach is to "seperate
      the code and the interface" so that the code that does all the work in the
      application can be tested seperately from the interface.

      If you want more help feel free to post. If you want to carry on a more
      complex discussion you can try me personally in spanish.

      Kenneth Tyler www.tinyxp.com