Re: [XP] Digest Number 1696

  • Carl Manaster
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      "Alain Ravet" <aravet@...> writes:
      >The question : how to handle the "context" switching.
      >
      >way 1 : 4 people work on 1 project for a full week,
      > before all of them change project.
      >
      >way 2 : idem, but they change project every day.
      >
      >way 3 : 2 pairs work on 2 projects, for a week,
      > then they switch...
      >

      >Any thought/experience to share in this matter?

      What is the availability of your customers? If you can work their
      schedules out such that exactly one or two is present on any given week,
      maybe that can determine which projects you work on. Unless, of course,
      it's all the same customer. But if it's not, I would think they would want
      "quality time" on their projects while present, so 100% effort on the
      current customer's project makes better use of the customer resource than
      25% effort on 4 different customers' projects.

      Peace,
      --Carl