[XP] HttpUnit interface (was RE: Customer (Acceptance) Test included in Story estimation?)

  • Steve Hayes
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 30, 2001
      On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:28:00 -0000
      jbrewer@... wrote:

      > --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Ryan Platte <ryanp@t...> wrote:
      > > Someone recently
      > > commented that they rolled their own subclass of TestCase with
      > > additional methods that knew they were working with HttpUnit.
      >
      > Seems like a reasonable approach. I haven't delved that deeply into
      > HttpUnit yet. It seems like a very simple scripting language might
      > be the best approach, since it might enable customers to write their
      > own tests.

      Adding some "language-independent" interface on top of HttpUnit is
      something that a few guys here in Melbourne have been tossing around for a
      while. It looks like we'll have some resources to do this in the new year.
      Since we haven't started yet, the interface is flexible - what would
      people prefer.

      Steve Hayes