Re: [XP] Fun & productive vs. overtime kills

  • Christopher Hart
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2001
      > Actually, I enjoyed it. Kept cranking up the meter to see if I could hit
      100
      > hours. Man, is that great when you do three days work in one day. I maxed
      out
      > around 90 hours. Heard about interns who do 120 hours for 6 months
      straight.
      > But I couldn't nudge the needle past 105. Man, what a ride!
      >
      > Hated going back to 8 hour days. Get so little done each day, it almost
      seems
      > like a waste.
      > Alistair

      Alistair,

      How long were you able to sustain 90 hours? And how effective were you in
      the weeks following that pace? Also how much additional "bang for the buck"
      did you get from all that overtime? Was it a constant rise in productivity
      or did you get diminishing returns? Was there an increase in errors?

      Best Regards,

      Chris

      Christopher Hart
      President & CTO
      Hart Edwards Corporation, Inc.
      Tel: 303-402-9883 ext 117
      Mobile: 720-231-6616

      Enterprise and Network Management Solutions

      Proprietary and Confidential Correspondence
      Copyright (c) 2001 Hart Edwards Corporation, Inc. All rights reserved.