Re: How many practices?

  • Paul Hodgetts
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2001
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Around Wednesday, November 28, 2001, 4:02:16 AM, jbrewer@... wrote:
      >
      > > [...] As long as you're adding practices, you might
      > > consider "periodic process review".
      >
      > In my next formulation, that's going under Sustainable Pace.

      Could you please elaborate a little on what unifies Review/Retrospective/
      Reflection with Sustainable Pace?

      The reason I ask is that it seems like Sustainable Pace has to do with
      maintaining the best possible velocity over time, recognizing that the
      short term peaks of killer overtime end up producing longer valleys of
      burnout that hurts the overall average velocity.

      On the other hand, Review/etc. has to do with being a learning
      organization, tailoring and tuning the process, continuous improvement,
      etc. While learning how to sustain (and increase) the velocity is
      certainly part of that, the focus of the practice seems different.

      Thanks,
      Paul
      -----
      Paul Hodgetts -- Principal Consultant
      phodgetts@... -- (714) 269-7401

      A g i l e L o g i c
      Training, Mentoring, Development -- Agile Processes, XP, Java, J2EE, C++
      "Delivering software for today's changing business. We can help."
      www.agilelogic.com