[XP] Re: No Subject

  • Tom Clarke
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2000
      My short but flippant answer is that it works great, but I haven't written
      any EJBs, JSPs or used JMS yet.

      More seriously, I've been really impressed with the power of java without
      any of the extra infrastructure, I am really pleased with the general form
      handling mechanism i got through refactoring - a lot better than endless jsp
      pages.

      I used EJBs on my previous pre XP project and I really doubt that it was
      worth the extra complexity. That's not to say that EJBs are never useful -
      if you need to spread stuff around different machines (i.e. build things
      that are equivilent to daemons) and have real transaction problems then
      they could simplify things a lot. In particular, if you need to expose an
      API to a third party that isn't part of your team then EJB interfaces
      would be a good bet.

      Tom