Re: XP Presentation

  • Bill Wake
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2001
      --- In extremeprogramming@y..., "Laurent Bossavit" <morendil@m...>
      wrote:
      > http://bossavit.com/ICSSEA.ppt

      Laurent -
      Looks good overall. A few comments...

      * I'd kind of like to see the premise on the first slide. "Many
      projects fail unnecessarily. XP offers xxx by doing yyy." You're not
      trying to explain everything in XP that helps teams; rather you're
      saying "XP's approach to project management accomplishes xyz."

      * "New economy": I'm a bit tired of the phrase "Internet time". YMMV.
      I believe the requirements were changing faster than was acknowledged
      before the net, and also that the phrase is a bit tainted by the .com
      bust.

      * "Cargo cult": not quite sure I buy the description. Also, the two
      choices are a bit "strawman". I think agile stuff is at least worth a
      mention too.

      * You've got the graphs of "code & fix", "Waterfall", and "XP". Can
      these be given the same axes so they're comparable? Value vs. time is
      a nice comparison. Also, I'd move up the XP graph to just following
      waterfall. This makes the claim, then you can justify it with the
      following slides.

      * XP Practices: not clear why some are bold and others aren't. I'm
      not sure this slide adds a lot.

      * Feature-driven - I wouldn't say stories are "constant cost". What's
      important is that they have relative costs, and the costs are fairly
      small.

      Good luck!!

      --
      Bill Wake William.Wake@... www.xp123.com