XP & UML

  • scott.ambler@ronin-intl.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2001
      I just posted an essay entitled "XP and the UML? Clearly the Wrong
      Question to be Asking" at
      http://www.agilemodeling.com/essays/xpUML.htm . The basic message is
      that because the UML is not sufficient, see
      http://www.agilemodeling.com/essays/realisticUML.htm , that the real
      question you should be asking is "How do you model effectively on an
      XP project?" (or something along those lines).

      I also address the issue of XP & the OMG's MDA at the end of the
      essay -- they don't fit together IMHO.

      Anyway, feedback would be appreciated.

      Also, if you're interested in effective modeling practices,
      particularly within an agile environment, check out
      http://www.agilemodeling.com and join the mailing list there if
      interested.

      - Scott