[extremeprogramming] Re: And what about "Regression Testing"?[Was: How are unit tests refactored?]

  • Tom Ayerst
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2000
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Well, never, but I think I'm not understanding the notion. The basic rule,
      > of course, is to write tests that show the bug. Ideally there would be both
      > a new functional test and new unit test. Those tests would run, ever after,
      > automatically, not manually. I'd have thought they were sufficient.

      Doh! I forgot the functional test! I expect functional test will be refactored far
      less often than unit tests (and almost never at the same time). As long as we only
      wear one hat at a time we should avoid tripping over our own feet.

      Tom

      --
      "It's not what you don't know that kills you, ... it's what you know that ain't so." -
      Mr Thompkins