Re: [XP] Agile Software Development in The Economist Technology Quarterly

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
      Alleman:
      >I love the quote in the last paragraph about insisting the agile
      > movement not becoming "...carved in stone methods like XP."

      Jeffries:
      > Seems odd to me ... but it would. I wonder what the interviewee
      > really said. Maybe that ...

      Alistair:
      I proof-read the article as submitted by the journalist. In the
      last version that I saw, the word XP did not show up in the last
      para at all.

      However, I know that the standard practice in journalism is that
      the higher-up managers have override authority on any sentence
      written by a person lower on the totem pole. I can just imagine
      one such higher-up adding a few words for extra Zing! to an
      ending para that lacked sufficient punch.

      (Extra line feeds manually inserted for the benefit of those with
      antiquated browsers)

      Alistair