short lines

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Phlip <pplumlee@c...> wrote:
      > (And please turn on linefeeds, dude - this ain't AOL.)

      Retro is hip, but taking the community back to the 1910s' IBM 80-column
      punch-cards is a bit much. How about instead applying pressure on eGroups and
      others to reach forward into the 1980s and allow paragraphs to be paragraphs
      and not punch-card images, and then be merely 20 years retro instead.

      Alistair

    • Phlip
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        On Monday 01 October 2001 10:36, you wrote:
        > Phlip <pplumlee@c...> wrote:
        > > (And please turn on linefeeds, dude - this ain't AOL.)
        >
        > Retro is hip, but taking the community back to the 1910s' IBM 80-column
        > punch-cards is a bit much. How about instead applying pressure on eGroups
        > and others to reach forward into the 1980s and allow paragraphs to be
        > paragraphs and not punch-card images, and then be merely 20 years retro
        > instead.

        Ooookaaay - my bad.

        Of my smorgasbord of e-mail agents the one causing issues was Netscape 4.x
        'Nuff said.

        (OTOH I personally control my outgoing text to appear in the format I see
        it...)

        --
        Phlip

        http://www.greencheese.org/MakeItSo