Re: [XP] Cost of XP

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
      > So far my impressions have been positive. It has taken a long time for the
      > group to gel, mainly because we all have different beliefs about "the right
      > way" to do software development. We have made a few false starts, mostly
      > when we relied more on up front design than DTSTTCPW.

      Small up front design is fine. It should not conflict with DoSimpleThings,
      though, because the connection between them should be TestDrivenDesign.

      If you think of a good Design Pattern for the code to follow, you should not
      just type it in. Follow the game called Name That Design. Write the minimum
      number of test cases that will ... encourage you to - via OAOO - to install
      the design you think you need.

      For example, I think it should take two - possibly three - test cases to
      force you to put all SQL in a module separate from the business code.

      --
      Phlip

      http://www.greencheese.org/MakeItSo
    • Brian C. Robinson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
        At 12:30 PM 10/1/01, you wrote:
        >Small up front design is fine. It should not conflict with DoSimpleThings,
        >though, because the connection between them should be TestDrivenDesign.

        I'm not saying it's bad all the time, just in our case it was.