How to get Internet-style quoting in Outlook 97 (was Re: [XP] RE: Top Quote/Bottom Quote)

  • Dossy
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
      On 2001.10.01, Jim.Hyslop <jim.hyslop@...> wrote:
      > BTW, for those who've suggested Outlook 98 - unfortunately, we're still on
      > LookOut! 97.

      I was one of the people who said that Outlook 98 supports "internet
      style" quoting (prefixing quoted lines with '> ') and now I'm going
      to say that Outlook 97 does, as well.

      Step 1: &Tools -> &Options

      Step 2: Select the "Reading" tab (you'd think this would be under
      "Sending", but no...)

      Step 3: Check the box to the left of "&Mark my comments with:"

      Step 4: In the dialog box to the right, enter "> " without the
      double quotes. Be sure to put a whitespace after the
      greater-than sign for proper effect.

      Step 5: Click the "OK" button.

      I've only run a brief acceptance test using my copy of Outlook 97,
      but it seems to do what I expected.

      Enjoy!

      -- Dossy

      --