RE: [XP] RE: Top Quote/Bottom Quote

  • Steve Ropa
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001

      Probably silly for me to get involved in this one, since some prejudices are
      impossible to overcome, but I've been using Outlook for years, never had an
      attachment "automatically open", and never gotten a virus(except the flu).
      If, as some have suggested, you clicked on the paper clip in the preview
      pane, the default action of open happened. It is documented that this is
      what the default action is, so I would have to point to user error.
    • Dossy
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
        On 2001.10.01, Jim.Hyslop <jim.hyslop@...> wrote:
        > BTW, for those who've suggested Outlook 98 - unfortunately, we're still on
        > LookOut! 97.

        I was one of the people who said that Outlook 98 supports "internet
        style" quoting (prefixing quoted lines with '> ') and now I'm going
        to say that Outlook 97 does, as well.

        Step 1: &Tools -> &Options

        Step 2: Select the "Reading" tab (you'd think this would be under
        "Sending", but no...)

        Step 3: Check the box to the left of "&Mark my comments with:"

        Step 4: In the dialog box to the right, enter "> " without the
        double quotes. Be sure to put a whitespace after the
        greater-than sign for proper effect.

        Step 5: Click the "OK" button.

        I've only run a brief acceptance test using my copy of Outlook 97,
        but it seems to do what I expected.

        Enjoy!

        -- Dossy

        --