Re: [XP] Re: Continous integration without version control

  • Martin Fowler
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 2, 2001
      On 9/1/2001 at 2:47 AM Bill Wake wrote:
      >I would say you *could* do continuous integration without version
      >control (but you *should not*).

      I would say you *could* do software development without version
      control (but you *should not*).

      Martin
    • Laurent Bossavit
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 3, 2001
        > With the greatest respect, I really tire of hearing how hard it is
        > to do the right things. [...] Kids, software doesn't have to be
        > this f***ed up. Let's simplify our lives: let's start doing it
        > right.

        Synchronicity brings forth this lovely quote from my current book -
        one on cosmology, but the quote is attributed to a political theorist
        named Roberto Unger whom I'll want to read : "the greatest obstacle
        to transforming the world is that we lack the clarity and imagination
        to conceive that it could be different".

        -[Morendil]-
        Split-p soup ?