Re: [XP] Pushers

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Here's my offer: I'll meet with any sincere member of the methods
      > community who wants to learn what we really teach, discuss and even
      > argue about issues, and try to come to an understanding if not
      > agreement. We can share expenses or I'll come to you if need be. All I
      > ask is a sincere intent to learn and share and come to common
      > understanding.
      >
      > What do you say to that?

      Arguing with them in private would be more productive than their endless
      nit-picky threads on the various programming fora...

      (But as they've never tried XP, and you certainly have tried BDUF, you
      are more qualified than they to push, and they'l never admit that.)

      --
      Your Friendly Neighborhood XP Pusher
    • Ivan Tomek
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
        Ron's offer is most welcome and useful and I am looking forward to its
        outcome. However, I consider negative voices in this group to be valuable as
        well. They do help to focus on the controversial aspects of XP.

        Ivan

        > Here's my offer: I'll meet with any sincere member of the methods
        > community who wants to learn what we really teach, discuss and even
        > argue about issues, and try to come to an understanding if not
        > agreement. We can share expenses or I'll come to you if need be. All I
        > ask is a sincere intent to learn and share and come to common
        > understanding.
        >
        > What do you say to that?

        Arguing with them in private would be more productive than their endless
        nit-picky threads on the various programming fora...

        (But as they've never tried XP, and you certainly have tried BDUF, you
        are more qualified than they to push, and they'l never admit that.)

        --
        Your Friendly Neighborhood XP Pusher

        ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

      • Michael Finney
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2001
          I forgot what BDUF is.

          Michael Finney
          Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
          Cofounder of PPJDG
          Cofounder of cosAgile - Colorado Springs XP Users Group

          are more qualified than they to push, and they'l never admit that.)

          <clip>
        • Andrey Khavryuchenko
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2001
            Michael,

            "MF" == Michael Finney wrote:

            MF> I forgot what BDUF is.

            Big Design Up Front

            --
            Andrey V Khavryuchenko http://kds.com.ua/
            Offshore Software Development http://kds.com.ua/akhavr
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2001
              BDUF is Big Design Up Front.
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2001
                Around Tuesday, September 04, 2001, 10:28:39 AM, Michael Finney wrote:

                > I forgot what BDUF is.

                Big Dufus, Ur Friend. Or ... maybe Big Design Up Front, a pejorative
                phrase used by XPers that is considered by readers to refer to much
                more design than they themselves are doing. It isn't as useful a term
                as I once thought ...

                Ronald E Jeffries
                www.XProgramming.com
                You can observe a lot by watching. --Yogi Berra