Re: [XP] Continous integration without version control

  • Piers Cawley
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 1, 2001
      Robert Sartin <sartin@...> writes:

      > --- Piers Cawley <pdcawley@...> wrote:
      > > I think if you have a seperate machine for integration and you're
      > > using CVS, I'm not sure how you're going to do it without a branch
      >
      > A separate machine doesn't have to have a separate file system. The
      > shared filesystem could act as a communication point without committing
      > the yet-to-be-integrated changes.

      Good point. But note that, with CVS, if you use a seperate machine,
      with a seperate filesystem, you catch problems where someone forgot to
      do 'cvs add'...

      --
      Piers Cawley
      www.iterative-software.com
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 3, 2001
        > With the greatest respect, I really tire of hearing how hard it is
        > to do the right things. [...] Kids, software doesn't have to be
        > this f***ed up. Let's simplify our lives: let's start doing it
        > right.

        Synchronicity brings forth this lovely quote from my current book -
        one on cosmology, but the quote is attributed to a political theorist
        named Roberto Unger whom I'll want to read : "the greatest obstacle
        to transforming the world is that we lack the clarity and imagination
        to conceive that it could be different".

        -[Morendil]-
        Split-p soup ?