Re: [XP] Digest Number 1423

  • Stefan Schmiedl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      if that's all you need, go for WinCVS (www.wincvs.org), which
      works fine for me on win2k. it even gives you command line support
      if you have some version of tcl installed.

      s.

      From: Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
      To: To extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Date: 2001-08-31 21:18
      Subject: Re: [XP] Digest Number 1423

      > Around Friday, August 31, 2001, 8:47:25 PM, Dave Storrs wrote:
      >
      > > Ron, AFAIK, there is no way to run a CVS _server_ on Windows
      > > which can serve for remote machines. It is quite straightforward to run a
      > > Windows _client_ which talks to a Unix CVS server, and I believe it is
      > > possible to have a Windows CVS server that will serve for the local
      > > machine but not remote ones. I'll look into it, though.
      >
      > The latter is all I need, I'm just looking to CVS my local work. I'll
      > keep you and other would-be helpers in mind when I get this far in
      > setting up this new computer.
      >
      > Unless I write my own along the lines we've been kicking around here
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Ronald E Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken.

      Stefan Schmiedl
      EDV-Beratung, Programmierung, Schulung
      Loreleystr. 5, 94315 Straubing, Germany
      Tel. (0 94 21) 74 01 06 Fax (0 94 21) 74 01 21
      Public Key: http://xss.de/stefan.public

      Change is Constant